Unveiled at the Food & Drink Expo in Birmingham, UK, last week, the launch of the bagged snacks comes ten months after the business extended beyond online sales for the first time with the launch of mini ‘punnets’ of snacks in British shops.
The new sharing bags have a recommended retail price of £2.99 ($4.33) and are initially rolling out to UK retailers including supermarket chain Waitrose and WHSmith Travel stores at locations such as train stations and airports. Graze said other major retailers would be announced in future.
Five of the six products are taken from the brand’s existing punnet range:
- 128g Punchy Protein Nuts - Chili and lime cashews, almonds and pecans
- 128g Veggie Protein Power - Black pepper cashews, edamame beans and spicy chickpeas
- 104 g Smokehouse BBQ Crunch - BBQ peas, corn chips and jumbo chili corn
- 104g Dark Chocolate Cherry Tart - Dark chocolate buttons, dried whole cherries and cranberries
- 104g Salted Fudge and Peanut Cookie - St Ives Cornish Vanilla fudge with mini chocolate cookies, redskin and salted peanuts
And the business has also developed a new product that completes the line-up:
- 104g Tomato & Basil Crostini - Italian tomato bread sticks & basil crunchini with cheese-flavored cashews.
“The existing punnet range has performed very well in store - we have now sold over six million units since launching last July,” Graze marketing manager Alice Steele told BakeryandSnacks. “Response to Graze's retail launch has also been really positive, with demand from buyers and consumers driving forward the sharing bags launch.”
Graze punnets are now listed in Sainsbury's, Tesco Express, Waitrose, Asda, Boots, Superdrug, WHSmith Travel and independent retailers across the UK.
The business, which launched a major push into the US online snack subscriptions market in 2014 following trials the previous year, declined to comment on a US retail roll-out of Graze products.