SNAAC CBD is the first sports bar formulated with hemp cannabidiol (CBD), designed to improve athletic and workout performance through advanced phytocannabinoid nutrition.
SNAAK Bar (Sports, Nutrition, Athletes, Adults, Kids) was founded by dietitian Anke-Juliana Thiel and Leon Garcia in 2012 to produce whole food nutrition products.
In 2017, the partners attended a presentation by Stuart Tomc, VP of Human Nutrition from CV Sciences, on the potential health benefits of hemp CBD oil and formed a collaboration with the hemp manufacturer to develop the sports bars.
The two SNAAC CBD bars contain CV Sciences' flagship brand, PlusCBD Oil, which, like hemp CBD, is not psychoactive, and is often recommended for mood recovery, inflammation, stress, restful sleep and pain management.
The new SNAAC CBD bars are available in two variants: Chocolate Cherry Almond bar, which includes 15mg of hemp CBD from PlusCBD Oil Gold Formula extract; and Lemon Cream Crisp bar, which includes 15mg of hemp CBD from PlusCBD Oil Total Plant Complex.
All CV Sciences' hemp CBD concentrates are made from agricultural hemp, delivering full spectrum cannabinoids, naturally occurring vitamin E, plant sterols, terpenes and fatty acids. PlusCBD Oil products are subjected to strict testing processes in a state-of-the-art laboratory to ensure potency, efficacy and safety.
The bars also include 12 superfoods, including several targeted to enhance athletic support:
- Raw unfiltered honey contains bee pollen, which supports overall athletic performance by allowing the body to recover quickly after working out, while promoting healthy stamina and endurance levels.
- Almonds are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, which sustain blood glucose levels.
- The antibacterial and antiviral properties in coconut oil support a healthy immune system. It is also a medium chain fatty acid that allows the body to burn fat as energy and not store it.
- Flax seeds are the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids, as well as being high in fiber, B vitamins and antioxidants.
- Hemp seeds are purported to be the most nutritionally complete superfood, with an almost equal amount of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, plus iron, vitamin E and all the essential amino acids. The protein in hemp seeds aids the growth of healthy bones, muscle, blood, skin and cartilage.
- Pink Himalayan salt contains less sodium than table salt due to its crystal structure and contains over 84 minerals and trace elements including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron. It increases hydration, improves circulation and detoxifies the body by balancing PH.
- Chia seeds maintain stable energy to be released during digestion, as well as being a great source of fiber, protein and omega 3.
- The fruit of the African baobab tree has six times the vitamin C found in oranges; three times the antioxidants found in blueberries; three times the amount of calcium found in milk; three times the amount of iron found in spinach; and six times the amount of potassium found in bananas. It also contains all eight essential amino acids and is high in fiber.
- Mulberries contain many antioxidants allowing them to decrease the damage caused by free radicals. The berries also contain alkaloids that activate macrophages, which provides support to the immune system.
- Cacao contain a significant amount of magnesium, which can support heart health, strong bones and healthy blood pressure and blood glucose levels. The ingredient also contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants.
- Pea protein includes a high level of Arginine, or L-arginine, an amino acid that is needed to keep the keep the liver, skin, joints and muscles healthy. It also support the body to build muscle mass and may influence body fat and speed up weight loss. Combined with brown rice protein, it provides a full amino acid profile, creating a complete protein.