The region’s top food safety watchdog explained the groups deliver advice for European decision-makers to act on and protect consumers, animals and plants. Experts can sit on the panels for a three-year period.
The Parma-based body is inviting applications from independent scientists from universities, research institutions and national food safety authorities to join panels covering:
- food contact materials, enzymes and flavourings;
- contaminants in the food chain;
- novel foods and nutrition;
- food additives and nutrient sources;
- dietetic products;
- animal health and welfare;
- biological hazards;
- plant health and plant protection
The mandate for the panels on Food Contact Materials and Enzymes & Flavourings and Food Additives & Nutrient Sources will run from mid-2014 to mid-2017. The mandate for the other groups will run from mid-2012 to mid-2015.
The closing date for applications is 31 May, 2011.
If not appointed, experts can be placed on a reserve list to be used to fill future vacancies, said EFSA.
For more information click HERE