Cochran was elected as an ex-officio member of the SNAC board, in accordance with the organisation’s by-laws. She is taking over the reins from Elizabeth Avery and begins her new role immediately.
The election took place at the Annual Business Member meeting held in conjunction with SNX, the association’s inaugural education and collaboration forum staged last week in Arizona.
“SNAC and the entire snacking sector will benefit greatly from the leadership these talented individuals provide,” said Avery.
“They will work hand in glove with Christine Cochran, our new president and CEO, to advance the snacking industry by fulfilling SNAC’s vision of connecting the snack industry to create growth and opportunity.”
The 2022-2023 SNAC officers
- Chairman: Mike Harper, chief financial officer and VP, Finance, Rudolph Foods
- 1st Vice Chair: Greg Pearson, CEO of Pretzels Inc./The Hershey Company
- 2nd Vice Chair: Justin Spannuth, VP & COO of Unique Snacks
- Secretary: Leanne Oliver, general counsel of PepsiCo Foods North America
- Past Chair: Fritz Kohmann, CFO, Shearer’s Foods
- Past Chair: Dan Sifer, SVP, Supply Chain/Contract Manufacturing, Herr Foods
- Associate Executive Council President: Lisa Stern, Sr VP, Sales & Marketing, LifeSpice
The 2022-2023 SNAC directors
- Mike Cantore, vice president, Sales, Carolina Ingredients
- Joan Cetera, VP, Communications, PepsiCo Foods North America
- Mark Costello, VP, Sales & Marketing, Better Made Snacks
- Spencer Fivelson, VP & general manager, Snacks, Conagra Brands
- Clifton Hilario, COO & CFO of Hippeas
- Cindy Kuester, VP, Sales, Snak King
- Dan Morgan, CEO of G&S Foods
- Milton Mattus, CEO of Wise Snacks
- Ryo Tsutsumi, CEO of Calbee America
"We look forward to working with SNAC’s new Chairman Mike Harper and the entire leadership in the coming year to continue providing benefits to members across our three pillars of education, advocacy and networking,” said Cochran.
“The incoming class of officers and directors represents a diverse cross section of our category and is well-positioned to ensure our member companies receive maximum value from their membership.”
Founded in 1937, SNAC International is a leading trade association for the snack industry, representing over 400 companies worldwide, including suppliers, marketers and manufacturers.