The initiative is designed to support the invaluable work that NPOs and charities undertake and help the next generation of leadership talent realise their full potential.
One standout recipient will be given the chance to progress their career in the philanthropic sector.
He or she will be granted £3,000, which can be used to pay for an academic qualification, a vocational course, or a research project of their choice that has demonstrated it will make a genuine difference.
They will also participate in a series of one-to-one mentoring sessions with industry experts, including company founders, CEOs other senior executives.
David Macaulay, MD of Eden Search & Select – the only specialist international executive search consultancy focused solely across the global food and farming landscape – said launch of Emerging Leaders is particularly timely, given the immense pressure from the pandemic.
Research conducted by The Charity Commission revealed that nearly all charities have been affected, with more than 90% saying it has had a severe impact on service delivery, finances, staff and morale.
“Our emerging leaders programme will help charities and not-for-profits unlock the potential of team members, who have already been identified as the leaders of tomorrow,” said Macaulay.
“Working across the global food supply chain for more than a decade, we’ve wanted to run a scheme of this kind for some time. As we approach the start of 2022, it feels like there is no better time to get this off the ground.
“The past two [years] have been difficult for everyone in business – but particularly for charities. While many not-for-profits organisations have proved resilient in the face of COVID, and have adapted their services accordingly, there has, undoubtedly, been a knock-on effect on training and development budgets.”
He noted that as a business with a large network of contacts across the food sector, “we feel extremely well placed to support future leaders coming through and are excited to review the applications we receive from candidates.”
The Emerging Leaders programme will be led by industry veteran Richard Macdonald. Non-executive chairman of Eden Search & Select and deputy chairman of the UK’s Environment Agency, Madonal has 40 years’ worth of knowledge and insights will prove invaluable.
Are you eligible?
- You must be working within a not-for-profit or charity in the agritech, fresh, protein and plant-based food manufacturing sectors. International applicants can also apply.
- You have significant experience in a senior management role.
- You have a clear view of the external support you will require to continue your fast-tracked trajectory into a leadership position.
- You must be able to confirm you are supported by a company sponsor, such as a line manager or HRDs.
- You must also be able to take time away from your work to complete the programme, if selected.
- (The successful applicant’s sponsors will have the opportunity to review and approve the mentor list at the start of the programme to ensure no conflict of interest.)
To apply, applicants must supply a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), along with a 500 word summary answering the following questions:
- What are the challenges you would like to solve within the industry?
- What training or development would you need to achieve this?
- Why will this make a difference to you and the industry in the longer term?
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2022.
An independent panel led by Richard Macdonald will shortlist three applicants for a 30 minute interview in March.
One winner will be selected for the award. However, the remaining two shortlisted candidates will be enrolled for a standalone mentoring programme to support their industry initiatives.
Wetherby-headquartered Eden Search & Select works with international business – from private equity funded agritech companies to global corporations – that specialise in fresh, protein and plant-based produce and food manufacturing. The company’s role is straightforward: to identify board-level leadership talent that can deliver sustained and profitable growth.