Stacy’s has made it easier for consumers to discover female-founded businesses across the US with the launch of the FoundedByHer business directory. To date, over 8,000 of female-founded businesses are now featured on the platform.
With a nod to Women’s Entrepreneurship Day and taking the initiative a step further, Stacy’s Pita Chips has curated a variety of gift boxes that fans can win.
Each box contains an array of thoughtfully selected products from woman-founded businesses such as Lumily, Dripkit and Z Wraps.
Running from today, fans can enter by following the brand on Instagram and commenting on the photo of the curated box with hashtags #FoundedByHer and #Sweepstakes.
PepsiCo and Hello Alice – a go-to WomanMade community from PepsiCo – introduced the Stacy’s Rise Project Class of 2021 in September.
The project connects and empowers women business owners with a $10,000 grant, four months of professional advertising services and executive mentorship to help them follow in the footsteps of Stacy Madison, the woman behind Stacy’s Pita Chips.
This year, Stacy’s formed a partnership with Oscar-winning actress and producer Reese Witherspoon and the media company she founded, Hello Sunshine, to spotlight the 10 inspiring winners, including:
- Sara Fludd of Pop Goes the Waffle in St Petersburg, FL
- Jocelyn Ramirez of Todo Verde in Los Angeles, CA
- Julie Butcher of The Vegan Knife in Estero, FL
- Adrienne Walker of BlueHenry in Capitol Heights, MD
- Alberta Liao of Jinka in Millbrae, CA
- Amber Balakian of Balakian Farms in Reedley, CA
- Sue Kakuk of Kakookies in Minneapolis, MN
- Sajani Amarasiri of Kola Goodies in San Francisco, CA
- Samoitria Holmes of Holmes Sweet Home in Simpsonville, SC
- Marsha Stephanson of Cater To Mom in Pflugerville, TX
Stacy’s has compiled the founders’ best pieces of advice for other female entrepreneurs:
“Know your company’s worth and don’t forget why you started.” – Alberta Liao, Jinka
“As a founder, always remember your time is your greatest asset. That means prioritise daily, delegate often and be selfish with your ‘yeses’.” – Sara Fludd, Pop Goes the Waffle
“Your priority is only your priority. No one cares more than you. Don’t expect someone else to make your dream a reality.” – Adrienne Walker, BlueHenry
“Practice setting boundaries. You will interact with people, forge new relationships and have many tasks. You can get stretched thin if you don’t practice setting boundaries early on. You will be much happier if you do.” – Amber Balakian, Balakian Farms