Each year, Baking the Future will throw open its doors to five exceptional startups from anywhere in the world to grab the invaluable opportunity to take their cutting edge ideas from concept to commercialisation.
The programme – scheduled to begin on 26 September 2021 in Barcelona, Spain – runs for six months, during which time the finalists will receiving mentoring and advice, as well as assistance with business development.
CEREAL is specifically looking for solutions targeted to:
- Break environmental barriers through more sustainable packaging, reuse of leftovers and recycling
- Improve the consumer experience through technology focused on behaviour, transparency and traceability, including new communication channels and direct marketing tools
- Improve consumer health with new ingredients for food intolerances, plant-based and to eliminate or reduce trans fats, sugars and sodium
- Advance efficacy and quality with ground-breaking technologies and ingredients to improve the taste, texture, durability and regeneration of bakery products.
The deadline for submissions is 5 September and the winning projects will be chosen by an Evaluation Committee made up of a team appointed by Europastry.
At the end of the programme, the startups will participate in a Demo Day to present their projects to a network of private investors and highly qualified experts.
This is your opportunity to dream big, with once-in-a-lifetime access to big-time facilities to forge your big idea for the international stage, including:
- Tailormade work sessions and mentoring sessions with the CEREAL team in bakery-related areas (R&D, sales, marketing, etc).
- Europastry’s R&D Department to develop, test and produce your prototypes using the latest technologies, as well as manufacturing it on a pilot scale at CEREAL’s facilities. The new centre has been created to have the best work environment, equipped with the latest technology and located in Barcelona, one of the most attractive cities in Europe for entrepreneurs.
- Europastry’s smart capital to improve the concept in its high-tech laboratories
- Support to develop a business and communication plan, a template and refinement for your pitch and preparatory sessions for Demo Day.
- Access to a worldwide network of media, partners and investors.
Founded in 1987, Europastry has established itself as one of the most state-of-the-art bakery companies in the world, with 22 production plants producing frozen dough for bread, rolls, pastries and snacks sold in more than 70 countries. The company places emphasis on R&D, bringing together bakers, confectioners, engineers, chemists and nutritionists to develop 400 new products and over 1,100 projects annually that answer ontrend demands. In 2020, Europastry reached €686m in turnover.