Dawn Foods announced the 10 #DonutsForGoodEntry winners of its $50,000 charitable donation as part of its Thank You to Bakers campaign, aimed to raise awareness of the hard work the bakers put in and to thank them for their dedication. The promotion kicked off in January in tandem with the company’s 100th anniversary celebration
“Now more than ever, it’s imperative we continue to support our local bakeries as a way to recognise all the good they do within their communities,” said Carrie Jones-Barber, CEO of Dawn Foods.
“The #DonutsForGoodEntry winners are a reflection of the countless good deeds bakers perform day in and day out around the world.
“As we celebrate our 100th anniversary this year, we recognise that Dawn’s success is made possible by the creative work of our customers who continue to do good in their communities.”
The 10 recipients were drawn at random from applications sent in by bakers from across the US. Each received $5,000 to donate to a 501(c)(3) charitable organisation of their choice.
#DonutsForGoodEntry Promotion winners and their charities
- Cookie Cupboard Gourmet Dough, Valley View, Ohio | The Metanoia Project
- Dimare Pastry Shop, Stamford, Connecticut | Make-A-Wish
- Famous Donuts, Fort Worth, Texas | St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- Gibson Donuts, Memphis, Tennessee | The Salvation Army
- Merritts Bakery, Tulsa, Oklahoma | Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, Mount Airy, North Carolina | The Congregation of Trinity Episcopal Church
- Mojo Donuts & Fried Chicken, Miami, Florida | The Live Like Bella Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Pasticcini Bakery, Weymouth, Massachusetts | Cardinal Cushing Centre
- Smallcakes Baltimore, Annapolis, Maryland | Jayde M Schools
- Tortillería Sonora, Des Moines, Iowa | Iowa Farm Sanctuary