Around 70% of workers can’t make it through the morning without a nibble, according to research commissioned by Nestlé Professional, with over two thirds of workers leaving the office completely to satisfy their late-morning hunger due to lack of choice of snacks available in the workplace.
Nestlé Professional – which provides branded beverage and culinary solutions to businesses worldwide – has stepped up to help out these consumers with a range of responsibly sourced ‘better-for-you’ snacks.
The range is entirely vegan, essentially placing goldenberries – which are sweet and tangy, high in fibre and iron, and a good source of potassium – at its heart.
Nature’s Heart fruits and trail mixes are designed to add a kick of energy in the morning, while the dark chocolate fruits and glazed nuts offer a more indulgent afternoon treat.
The full range includes:
- Blueberry & goji trail mix: Blueberries, goji berries, apricots and tangy goldenberries combined with a medley of nuts and seeds
- Strawberry, banana & pistachio trail mix: Strawberries, banana, goldenberries and goji berries combined with almonds, pistachios and seeds
- Dark chocolate goldenberries - Goldenberries covered in dark chocolate and lightly dusted with cacao
- Dark chocolate bananas - Chewy dried banana covered in dark chocolate and lightly dusted with cacao
- Tropical mix - A mix of soft mango, pineapple and banana
- Pineapple & chilli cashews - A sweet and spicy mix of cashews, pineapple, goldenberries and crunchy sesame seeds, lightly coated with a chilli-infused coconut nectar
“We take exceptional care to cultivate and source the finest natural ingredients and combine them to make truly delicious nutrient filled snacks,” said Tom Benton, GM of Nature’s Heart UK.
“Nature’s Heart has sustainable farming practices in its DNA and is committed to providing fair and viable incomes to its community of family growers.”
Snacks with a story
Nature’s Heart was founded in 2005 by three brothers from Ecuador, who shared a dream of building a sustainable and fair business. When they discovered the power of the nutrient-packed goldenberry – native to Ecuador – they realised the opportunity to share this berry, while supporting families of growers from their own community.
The Goldenberry Plan is the responsible sourcing program of Terrafertil – one of the leading producers of goldenberries in the world – of which Nestlé acquired a majority stake in 2018. Terrafertil’s goldenberries generate sustainable income for hundreds of farming families in the Andes mountains of Ecuador and Columbia, while the company promotes sustainable farming practices that respect the environment.
The snacks can be ordered for the workplace through Bidfood and Brakes.