Let your product do the talking: Last chance to enter the 2020 Wow Food Awards
The awards – hosted by the Food and Beverage Innovation Forum (FBIF) – gathers dozens of NPD experts from around the world to root out the cutting-edge products that are disrupting the market.
Last year, the competition received 151 entries from almost 100 companies; judged on taste, packaging and concept by a panel of experts who have an indepth understanding of the industry.
This year, the home-grown awards have extended its boundaries, upgrading to a fully global competition with a call for entries from around the world and a gathering of judges from Asia Pacific, North America and Northern Europe.
Entries to WFA2020 are divided into two categories: snacks and beverages.
Only pre-packaged products that were launched between August 1, 2018 and January 10, 2020 are eligible in the following categories:
All players along the product R&D value chain – from research institutions to brand owners – can enter. There is an entry fee of CNY ¥2,000 ($290) per SKU.
The judges will evaluate the entries on taste, texture, product concept, value-adds and consumer communication during February, naming the 18 that achieved the highest score in each category as the winners.
The WFA2020 awards ceremony will be staged in April at the Hangzhou International Expo Centre in Shanghai, China, in conjunction with FBIF2020.
WFA2020 judging panel
- Cao Yongmei, Manufacturing and R&D Group general director, Want Want Group
- Susan Jin, regional industry leader, Asia Pacific Probiotics, Cultures, Fibres, Dupont Nutrition and Health
- Li Meiqiu, vice chairman, Hainan Panda Dairy Co
- Amy Wong, food writer, ADM
- Lemeng Wang, China business manager, Kerry Group
- Zhang Bin, founder, Halmana
- Leon Zheng, founder & CEO, Regulatory AI Technology Co
- Alick Zhou, president & CCO, Ipsos
- Hu Weibin, sales & marketing manager, SAMBU Group
- Cathy Tang, CBO, Jinmailang
- Ralf Zink, head of Research and Technology, DMK Group
- Justin Comes, China R&D VP, Mars Wrigley
- Jodie Minotto, research manager, Asia Pacific, Mintel Food & Drink
- Amy Song, director of R&D, Coca-Cola
- Yin Xiaomei, senior director, Global Innovation Commercialization, Firmenich Aromatics (China) Co
- Robin Fegen, founder & Director, The Robin Collective
- Alessio D'Antino, founder & CEO, Forward Fooding
- Sophia Nadur, Global Innovation director, Ideas 2 Launch
- Zhou Li, secretary of the Board, Nongfu Spring
Click here to enter.
Mondelēz, PepsiCo execs to headline at FBIF2020
FBIF – founded in 2014 by Simba Events – is one of the most influential food industry events held in the Asia Pacific. More than 1,000 companies exhibited at the sixth edition last year, registering a growth of 60.12% of brand owners. More than 6,000 attendees and visitors are expected at this year’s show.
FBIF2020 – themed Technology · Revolution – will be held in Hangzhou International Expo Centre in Shanghai, China, from April 15-17, 2020.
Various industry forums will be held, focusing on industry-specific topics like corporate strategy, marketing, packaging and M&A, attracting headline speakers like Joost Vlaanderen, president, Greater China, Mondelēz International, and Lisa Deng, VP, China Strategy & Business Development, PepsiCo.