Held in conjunction with ISM, the two trade fairs cover the entire value chain of the sweets and snack industry.
This encompasses everything from speciality ingredients, to packaging technology as well as process technology.
A number of tours have been scheduled, including a daily event organised by the DLG (the German Agricultural Society) entitled "Ingredients reformulation of sweets and snacks".
Consumer demand = reformulation
The growing megatrend toward health is driving the need for product reformulation. Consumers are demanding products that are lower in sugar, fat and salt; and there’s a push towards only natural ingredients, especially those within the vegetarian and vegan realm.
DLG will be examining all the fundamentals involved in reformulation, presenting it to participants through a tour of exhibition stands. The starting point of the tour is the DLG’s stand (B 08), and will include the following participating companies:
- Bakery Academy: “Multiple reformulation in higher levels (above 30% reduction)”
- Doehler: “Multi-sensory experiences and nutritional value”
- GNT Group: “Colouring natural ingredients in focus as alternative to artificial colours”
- NOREVO: “Natural alternatives and functional ingredients for confectionery (chewy texture – plant-based, gelatine-free, clean-label)”
- Rudolf Wild: “Alternative protein sources for reformulation of food”
- Thew Arnott + Co: “High quality ingredients”
- Agro Industria y Procesos: “Innovative ingredients from Colombia for the world: products, projects and progress”
As the number of people attending the tours is limited, booking is advised.