This year’s event takes place from October 8 to 11 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, where organizers estimate 20,000 bakery professionals will gather in 700,000 square feet of exhibit space.
More than 800 leading manufacturers and suppliers will be exhibiting at the show, with products and resources including production equipment and baking supplies, ingredients, packaging materials and kit, refrigeration, sanitation equipment, computerized technologies, transportation and distribution equipment.
IBIE chairman Michael Cornelis said programs had been developed to better facilitate “networking, hands-on learning and inspiration”.
“IBIE is proud to bring together all segments of the grain-based food industry and we’ve revamped old favorites and added some fresh features to the mix for 2016,” he added.
The expo education program has been expanded to include content for upper management and now includes more than 90 sessions designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
The program begins on October 7, the day before the expo opens, with RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association’s two-day Technical and Management Conference.
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center
When: Saturday October 8 to Tuesday October 11, 2016
Opening times (trade show): Saturday to Monday 10am-5pm; Tuesday 10am-3pm
Seminars at the expo are organized into themed tracks including Retail, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, and Food Safety & Sanitation.
This year’s speakers include experts and major industry figures including Todd Hale, former senior vice president, consumer & shopper insights at Nielsen; Lee Sanders, senior vice president, government relations & public affairs for the American Bakers Association; and Ramon Rivera, senior vice president of operations, Bimbo Bakeries USA.
For the full education program, see the IBIE website here.
“We take pride in creating a world-class educational program that provides the knowledge and insights critical to running a profitable wholesale operation,” said IBIE Education Task Force Chair Andrea Henderson.
“For more than a year, we’ve worked with industry partners and key stakeholders to put together the most comprehensive, in-depth program to date—one highly relevant for all employees at every level, from management to R&D, from bakery owner to the line worker.”
Among other highlights of this year’s show are:
- The All-American Tailgate Party (Saturday 4:30pm-6:30pm) designed to provide a good opportunity for networking. This is held on the show floor and features drinks, tailgate-style food, music, interactive games and football on big screens.
- The Idea LAB, which includes an innovation theater featuring a display of the latest industry advances as well as an ‘Ask the Experts’ answer bar.
- Fresh Take Talks presented by Grain Foods Foundation, comprising 20-minute TED-style presentation on the future of the industry
- The Innovation Showcase that displays the latest industry advances in the convention center lobby.
- The Cold Storage Pavilion, a new area developed in conjunction with the Global Gold Chain Alliance dedicated to cold storage.
- The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater featuring free demonstrations by celebrity chefs and other professionals
“People come to our show to see what’s new and it’s our job to make it easy for them to find what they’re looking for,” added Cornelis.
“This year we’re really delivering on our promise. It’s a record-breaking show with the largest show floor, largest number of exhibitors, largest innovation showcase and largest education program in IBIE’s history.”