Each year, United Fresh recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry and honors one outstanding female industry leader at its reception.
“The Reception Honoring Women in Produce is always a highlight of the convention,” said Tom Stenzel, president/CEO, United Fresh.
“We’re looking forward to celebrating with this year’s honoree, her peers and past honorees in Chicago this June.”
The deadline to nominate is Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
Past Women in Produce Honorees include:
- Teri Miller, Delhaize America
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo , Taylor Farms, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, River Point Farms, LLC
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company