The survey - which targeted users that had hosted a party or event in the past three months, found that:
- 83% look for party snack recipes online.
- Flavor (selected by 72% of people) is the number one influencer when it comes to choosing snack foods for a party.
- 46% of women prefer ribbed over regular chips.
- 17% admitted to eating eat party snacks in the bathroom, either on the toilet or in the shower.
- A quarter snack while walking the aisles of the grocery store.
- 50% snack in bed.
- 70% admitted they have eaten an entire bag of party snack food in one sitting.
The survey also found that Tortilla chips are the top choice for party snacks, with 32% of respondents claiming them as their favorite for parties, followed by potato chips at 25%.
“These survey results provide snack food marketers a deeper look into the celebrations market,” said Punchbowl CEO Matt Douglas.
“We hope this new data sparks conversation about how to reach party hosts who spend billions on party snacks every year.”