Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service (LBFRS) were called to the scene with around 70 firefighters and 12 fire appliances containing the blaze at the printing factory in West Lothian.
A spokesperson for LBFRS said: “The property, a single storey, steel framed, modern building, contains a large amount of chemicals including printing inks, solvents and acetylene cylinders which can be highly volatile when involved in a fire.”
Everyone was evacuated, and local residents were instructed to stay in their homes due to the toxic fumes. One person was taken to hospital having sustained minor burns to their arm.
Amcor released a statement thanking all involved, particularly the local emergency services, for their quick response.